Sunday, January 25, 2015

Making Necessary Transitions


       Psalm 23 is overrated to many people; however, God's Word never changes and is as strong today as it was in the past and will forever be. As I was preparing myself to go to sleep, once again, God began to speak to me. One of our friends (like family) transitioned from one phase of life to another just a few days ago. The walk for our friend had seemed horrific for a short while, but God began to connect people all over the country to pray for protection, grace, and guidance. The end result of fighting through what the enemy thought was a guaranteed lost battle was total victory in Jesus' name! Many of us continued to speak life into his situation as he kept moving forward with God and the angels backing him up the entire way.

       A new day has come for our friend, and I heard God speak this word tonight: "transition". Right after I heard that, God immediately brought Psalm 23 to my attention and visually showed me a verse-by-verse walkthrough of our friend's transitioning period. I could see him in every verse as he faced and overcame every trial with goodness and mercy following him. The point is that no matter what you are faced with, understand that you MUST go through some trials without faltering in order to see the intended end result. When the battle looks like it is crumbling to the ground, remember God's Word in Psalm 23. Pull up your sleeves and walk through that valley with great anticipation that you will come out with victory in Jesus.

       The storms are there as stepping stones (transition), so do not despise the process. When your physical body seems to be wearing down, your spirit man can always be built up in studying and putting into action the Word of God. In doing so, God will add to your body the strength that you need to go on. His strength is made absolutely perfect in our weakness [II Corinthians 12:9-10]. Just remember that when the storms come your way, use them as a traveling method to get where you need to be all the while knowing that God is transitioning you from pain to glory.

     To my family who witnessed a great accomplishment with the unending guidance of Heaven this weekend: Amen!! We love you and may God continue to do what He does best: miracles, signs, and wonders performed with agape love.

Psalm 23:1-6 KJV
[1] The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. [2] He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. [3] He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. [4] Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. [5] Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. [6] Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment