Monday, February 9, 2015

Wait For Your Season



       A dangerous move for anyone to make is one that is out of season. In ministry, particularly, people move too hastily as if they will miss out on the blessings of God if they do not take the "right now" opportunity. Similarly, people are promoted too soon to a position that they thought they were ready for but never consulted God on the matter. Even though their heart and work ethics were aimed towards doing a great job, their lack of communication with God caused them to rotate into a season not meant for them at the time. I can tell you from experience that moving without waiting on God will cause you to go through the full term of an unwanted season until He is finished teaching you.

       God's Word in Luke 14:7-11 explains the process of humbling yourself and why you should do so. Many times, people forego doing this because they love the attention and glorification that comes along with "being at the top" or "being in control". Stepping into a season too soon can cause you to have a great fall, especially when you allow pride to get in the way. You're already out of season, but adding pride along with the disorder is even more dangerous. I have witnessed people who tried to lead others in a beneficial way only to find out that they themselves needed to be under the teaching and leading of a God-sent person; how can you effectively lead others when you are still in great need of being taught how to lead a group of people? One thing for sure is that God loves us so much and understands our hearts and desires to please Him. Even in our misguided decisions, He shows us enough grace and mercy to finish up the season so that we can be humbled and get through it with a renewed understanding of Him and why we should always consult Him about our moves in life.

My Personal Testimony:
       I, myself, have stepped too soon into a position in life and tried to lead people in the past. The truth is that someone asked me to take on a position because I was next in line to do so, and instead of asking God what He wanted me to do, I told the person that I was willing and able to do so. I believe that the person did not consult with God as well, so this caused a domino effect. Now that I recall that conversation, I do remember feeling a nudge in my spirit as if I had moved too soon. At first, I thought that I was feeling a bit hesitant because of the fact that I had not been trained as much as I needed to. The truth of the matter is that I had a huge heart and was willing to serve. Even with my love for the position I had agreed to, I was still operating out of season. But I want to tell you about the grace and mercy of God that helped me to soon realize that what I had done was indeed out of season. God in His greatness still used me as a vessel, but I endured through a season in which He humbled me greatly in personal prayer at home. I prayed for one full year for God to release me from the burden of my hasty move. One day, after God had taught me what I needed to know and used me for His glory, He released me from that season. I was very happy...my goodness! Lol! Now that I am released by His Spirit, I am walking in a renewed mind, God is giving me visions and dreams about what He released me from to help others go through their season, and here I am testifying to you all of His grace and mercy towards me.

       Do not fret if you have found yourself in this situation, though. If you are here, use this time to humble yourself and ask God what His desires are for you. I do not care how great someone else thinks that you are for a position; communicate with God and wait for an answer BEFORE you move. There is a season for everything in life: everything. [Ecclesiastes 3]


Cited Works:
[Picture retrieved from http://nellypaekukui.com/for-everything-there-is-a-season-and-a-time-to-think-and-thank-and-treasure/.]

No comments:

Post a Comment